At present our facilities are fully open but we ask that you respect social distancing.
Our ghillies will not touch any guest’s equipment and no guest is allowed in the beat vehicle.
Kercock Conditions of fishing
To help prevent an out break of GYRODACTYLUS SALARIS, which has had catastrophic effects on some foreign rivers, all rods fishing must complete a Gyrodactylus declaration form on arrival at the fishery. This states that either you have not used your fishing tackle abroad in the last three months, or you have done so and had it properly sterilised; or you have fished and NOT had it sterilised. In the latter case, you must agree to sterilisation taking place before you start fishing and accept that there may be some delay in getting this organised as this cannot be carried out at the beat.
- All anglers must report to Gary Harkin, Head Ghillie, before fishing. Anglers should meet at the top fishing hut at 08.45 ready to start fishing at 09.00. No motor homes/caravans allowed. Please call Gary if you expect to be late on: 07746 528462.
- Fishing is from 9.00am – 5.00pm, with the exception of lunchtime which is 1pm – 2pm.
- There are generally up to 8 rods available for let with the house retaining 2 rods which may be fished periodically. Please note that the standard ghillie service is included in our prices. A personal ghillie service may be available at an extra cost of £100+VAT per day which must be booked in advance.
- Dependent upon water conditions and rod numbers/requirements there may be a rotation arrangement imposed, alternating between the upper and lower beat on a half daily basis.
- Life jackets are freely available from the fishing hut and must be worn at all times when fishing or in close proximity to the water. Should a life jacket inflate there is a charge of £30 towards the cost of a replacement of gas cylinder.
- Pools are fished in rotation, starting at the top and gradually moving downstream. Do not enter a pool down-stream of fellow anglers.
- Sharing of rods is not permitted.
- All salmon/sea trout caught must be reported to the ghillie, who will maintain fishing records. Should the ghillie be absent, guests are requested to leave a note of catches in the top fishing hut or by telephoning the ghillie.
- The Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board promotes a catch and release code throughout the entire River Tay district.
It is a condition of the let that you abide by the Board’s catch and release code.
- Fly fishing and spinning are permitted. No worm fishing. Shrimp and prawn fishing are prohibited, as is the use of natural minnow, gaff, fixed rods and set lines.
- No litter to be discarded. Please take it home or bring it back to the fishing hut to be disposed of by the ghillie.
- Follow the Country Code, particularly in relation to gates.
PLEASE NOTE: any dog brought to the beat must be kept in your vehicle but can be exercised at lunch time. Dogs must be kept on a lead and owners must clean-up after their dogs. Please be mindful of sheep and other livestock. Dogs are not allowed in the fishing hut.
- Be considerate to fellow Anglers.
- The tenant shall not be permitted to assign his/her tenancy or to sub-let except with the express permission of the proprietors or their agents.
- The ghillies’ word is final.
- Rents are payable as follows: when a full week booking is made more than two months in advance a 25% deposit, which will be non returnable, must be paid to confirm; the balance will be payable one month prior to the date of fishing. All other bookings must be paid in full to confirm the booking. Please note that all rents quoted are net of VAT. The proprietors shall not be bound to refund any rents paid in the event of cancellation for whatever reason.
- The proprietors will accept no liability whatever for damage, injury or loss to the persons or belongings of the tenant, or those in his/her party, from whatever cause arising, nor can they be held in any way responsible for adverse weather conditions or acts of God.
NOTE: Contravention of the above rules may result in future access being denied.